- Risk-free 8-week trial
- Directly from manufacturer
- Free return shipping
Why we love this product
Using the same audio technology pioneered by Teufel’s premier high-end model, the Definion 5, the Definion 3 offers superior sound at an affordable price.
Key advantages at a glance
- High-end stereo speaker with exceptionally precise playback & excellent bass performance
- 3 long-throw drivers with carbon fibre membranes deliver superior impulse fidelity & dynamics
- Patented SCA coaxial chassis for excellent spatiality & dispersion
- Works with any standard amplifier or A/V receiver with 40 watts per channel
- A large total surface allows the woofers to create a rich, deep bass
- Features an elegantly lacquered enclosures
SCA technology developed at Teufel’s Berlin headquarters
Over two years of intense development went into the special flat membrane coax drivers used in the Definion 3. The result was Teufel's patented SCA (Sychronized Coaxial Acoustics) technology that operates as a near-perfect point sound source for reduced differences in propagation times between the mid and upper frequencies.
SCA technology fuses the tweeter and midrange driver into a single component ensuring that all frequencies reach the listener’s ear at the same time for playback so realistic, it resembles a live concert.
Experience the following benefits:
- All acoustic events are experienced as coming from individual sound sources for a highly realistic effect
- The even dispersion of sound means that everyone in the room share the same exceptional sound experience
- The flat membrane of the midrange driver is so constructed that it in no way impairs the functioning of the tweeter in front of it
- The coax driver unit propels the soundwaves outwards from the same place for a very even dispersion
- Since the frequencies do not interfere with each other, more precise playback is created
- A dedicated tweeter for the treble for a more natural ambience
- 2 × Floor Speaker DEF 3 F – white - black
2 × Satellite Spikes AC 8544 BA
- 4 × Satellite Spike – titan
Floor Speaker DEF 3 F
High-end stereo loudspeaker with extraordinarily precise playback and strong bass performance. The Definion 3 offers the same advanced audio technology as Teufel’s premier high-end model, the Definion 5, at a markedly lower price.
Description Item Width 20 cm Height 118 cm Depth 38,6 cm Weight 24,3 kg
Description Item Terminal clamps Pole terminals Minimum amplifier output power recommended 50 W
Description Item Suitable for AV receiver Yes Suitable for banana plug Yes Maximum cable diameter 6 mm Equalisation openings (pos.) Bottom Equalisation openings 2 Enclosure material MDF Enclosure surface Varnish Net internal volume 37 L Spikes prepared Yes Tweeter (number per enclosure) 1 Tweeter (diameter) 25 mm Tweeter (material) Fabric Midrange driver (number per enclosure) 1 Midrange driver (diameter) 105 mm Midrange driver (material) Aluminium Woofer (number per enclosure) 3 Woofer (diameter) 160 mm Woofer (material) Carbon fiber Continuous power handling (IEC - Long Term) 140 W Sensitivity (2.83 V / 1 m) 86 dB Frequency range from/to 48 - 22000 Hz Peak power capacity (IEC - Short Term) 200 W Maximum sound pressure level 105 dB/1m Impedance 4 - 8 Ohm Acoustic principle 3-way-system Enclosure type Bass reflex Crossover frequency internal switch 400 / 3600 Hz
Satellite Spikes AC 8544 BA
We recommend using these solid spikes as acoustic coupling for considerably more precision in the low ranges and much better focussing in the mid and high ranges, and we offer these massive spikes as available in a four pack.
The set consists of four spikes, four anchor nuts, an Allan key, four mats for protecting the surface and four spacing discs for levelling out any unevenness.
Only suitable for appropriately prepared satellite bases and base boxes from Teufel.
Description Item Height 3 cm
Connecting cables are not included with this delivery